I set 5 goals for this year.
- Learn French
- Blog weekly
- Respond to all messages within 24 hours
- Understand poverty
- Start a movement for something I believe in
This list is not weighted in any particular order. What I’ve found is that I’m very week at numbers 2 and 3. I’ve not made any movement on goal 1, but I’ve spent some good time on 4 and 5.
Why these goals?
- To be able to communicate with the people we are here to serve
- To share with others the journey that I’m on
- To stay in close communication with everyone
- To better understand the biggest epidemic the world faces (even myself)
- To leave the world better than I found it (scouting lesson)
What I’ve done so far:
- I’ve not added any new French words to my vocabulary
- I’ve blogged 2 of 9 weeks
- I’ve let many messages sit in my inbox
- I’m fascinated with the words identity and purpose
- I’m doing something about it… DOE.RS
It’s been a bumpy road getting started. I’m growing, learning and struggling daily, but by the grace of God, I get back up and keep trying the next day. I’m learning more about myself than I’ve ever known. I’ve discovered that my identity in Christ trumps the identity I was hiding behind. That freedom is not about having what you want, but rather knowing Christ and who you are in Him. But most significantly, that Jesus is real and alive and wanting a relationship with us, right now, exactly how we are.
Until next week… Please keep me in your prayers.
One thought on “2014 Goals”
Great blog – I like the honesty! You have made a fantastic statement with: “I’ve discovered that my identity in Christ trumps the identity I was hiding behind.”
In Christ alone …